How You Can Save Money On Fuel
In these days of high gas prices, saving money on gas has become a top priority for many people. Here are some tips on how to save money on gas:
1. Drive less. This is the most obvious way to save money on gas, but it‘s also the most difficult for many people. If you can carpool, ride a bike, or take public transportation whenever possible, you‘ll save a lot of money on gas.
2. Drive a fuel–efficient car. If you‘re in the market for a new car, choose one that gets good gas mileage. Smaller cars and hybrids tend to be the most fuel–efficient, but there are also a number of larger cars with good gas mileage these days.
3. Keep your car well–maintained. A well–tuned engine will get better gas mileage than one that‘s not running properly. Additionally, keep your tires properly inflated; underinflated tires can decrease gas mileage by up to 3%.
4. Drive calmly. Sudden starts and stops waste gas, so avoid them if possible. accelerating gradually and coasting to a stop whenever possible will help you save money on gas.
5. Use your air conditioner sparingly. Air conditioning can decrease gas mileage by up to 20%, so only use it when absolutely necessary.
6. Combine errands. If you have a number of errands to run, try to do them all in one trip instead of making multiple trips. This will save you both time and gas.
7. Shop around for gas. Don‘t just fill up at the first gas station you see; take a few extra minutes to find the station with the cheapest gas prices.
Saving money on gas doesn‘t have to be difficult; just make a few small changes to your driving habits and you‘ll see a difference in your gas bill.
We are a leading digital reference platform for personal finance management tips and tools. From learning how to effortlessly track your cashflow and gain insights that’ll help you see easy opportunities to information on how to save and find the best deals and discounts we have you covered. Our categories include Budgeting, Job Hunting, Groceries, Credit Cards, Credit Scores, Home & Home Buying, Investing, Retirement Planning, Car Related, Medical Related and much more...